How to Register to Vote
To register and/or to vote, you must be:
- A U.S. citizen
- A Maryland resident*
- At least 16 years of age**
You must NOT be:
- Currently incarcerated for a felony conviction***
- Convicted of buying or selling votes
- Under guardianship for mental disability and found by a court to be unable to communicate the desire to vote
*You may vote if you are homeless provided you can show that you live and receive mail in Maryland.
**You may only vote in a primary or general election if you will be 18 years of age before or on the next general election date.
***Once released from incarceration, you may vote if you are on parole or probation, but you must first register to vote.
You can register to vote:
- Online by using Maryland’s online voter registration system Maryland Board of Elections or through other organizations such as Vote.org or Vote411.org
- In person – complete and sign a voter registration application at the Calvert County Board of Elections (BOE) – 30 Duke Street, Prince Frederick, MD 20678 410-535-2214
- At service centers (MDOT Motor Vehicle Administration [MVA]) or state agencies providing public assistance (Dept. of Health & Mental Hygiene, Dept. of Social Services, Offices on Aging), public higher education institutions, military recruitment offices, marriage license offices or agencies providing services to people with disabilities (MTA Paratransit Certification Office);
- At your Early Voting location during the early voting period;
- At your polling station on Primary and General Election Days;
- By mail: complete and sign a voter registration application and mail it to the local BOE at PO Box 798, Prince Frederick, MD 20678.
Voter Registration at Green Life Festival 2021